Friday 23 April 2010

Blog Plans and Meal Plans


Today I found out just in time that next with is Knit & Crochet Blog Week. The brainchild of Eskimimi Knits, Knit & Crochet Blog Week will bring knit and crochet bloggers together as they blog about a common topic each day for 7 days. For more info visit this post.

I love this concept! I have to admit that at times I am hard pressed to come up with things to blog about, or else I feel that I should dedicate my time to actually knitting rather than blogging. The fact that I am really quite a slow knitter is in many ways responsible for this. Anyway, having a week of predesignated topics is just what I need to get the blogging juices pumping and who know where it will lead me.

I have recently gotten into the idea of meal planning too. As the wife of a chef you would expect me to be full of ideas and inspiration when it comes to cooking but unfortunately the opposite is true. I don't know when exactly it happened but I lost my cooking mojo around the same time as I met my chef. It could have a lot to do with the fact that he has always either worked nights (and I would often settle for an egg on toast for dinner) or cooked for me on his nights off. Now that we have a toddler in the picture I can not get away with eggs on toast anymore - plus my husband would love it if I actually cooked something for him once in a while. Oh, and did I mention that the other thing I detest is grocery shopping? This one might have something to do with fluorescent lighting or the toddler tantrums...not sure!

So anyway, a few weeks back I came across the Mealopedia website, where you can browse and select menus for each night of the week or even choose them at random. Then you can print off a shopping list and list of recipes and voila! - you are set for the week. I have to warn you that the recipes are pretty basic, but I have been using them as a starting point and then adding spices and ingredients to enrich the flavour. Already I have found myself looking forward to preparing the evening meal and thinking about which meals I want to make in the weeks to come. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails